Stir Frying Basics – Your Creation
Select a protein and cut it into bite sized pieces. Usually about 1 pound. Then:
- Heat 1 T. vegetable oil on medium-high heat
- Add 1/2 lb. protein and allow to sit 1-2 minutes to brown.
- Flip meat over. Cook until almost done
- Remove from pan and set in dish to be used later
- May tent it with foil
- Repeat the procedure with the other ½ of your meat.
Veggies: Cut all veggies into bite sized pieces. Then saute veggies in the following order:
- Heat oil – then add ginger, garlic and onion and cook until onion is transparent. Stir continually.
- Broccoli, peppers
- Leafy vegetables – bok choy, napa cabbage
- Pineapple, spinach
- Cooked noodles & stir fry sauce
Return meat to pan, heat and serve.