Hungarian Coffee Cake
|1||sweet dough recipe (such as the dough for Cinnamon Rolls)|
|½ cup||butter, melted|
|½ cup||finely chopped nuts (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease desired pan – loaf, bundt, 10” angel-food pan or other shape.
- Shape 1 ½” pieces of dough into balls.
- Dip balls into melted butter, then into mixture of cinnamon, sugar and nuts
- Place a single layer of balls in the well-greased pan so they just touch. Top with another layer of balls. Let rise until double.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If cake browns too quickly, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- When done, remove from pan by loosening sides and inverting onto a serving plate so butter-sugar mixture can drizzle down over cake.
- To serve, break coffee cake apart with two forks.