Orange-Rum Ladder Loaf
This lovely breakfast bread is wonderful to serve fresh from the oven.
|1/2||sweet dough recipe (such as the dough for “Raisin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls”|
|½ cup||orange marmalade|
|½ cup||flaked coconut|
|2 T.||brown sugar|
|½ t.||rum flavoring|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix filling ingredients together: marmalade, coconut, brown sugar and rum flavoring.
- Roll dough into a 9-inch square.
- Place on cookie sheet. Spread filling in a 3-inch strip down center of the square of dough. With kitchen shears, snip sides towards center in strips 3-inches long and 1-inch wide. Fold strips over the filling, alternating from side to side. Let rise until double.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool slightly. Drizzle with “Powdered Sugar Glaze”.
Recipe courtesy of Mabel Huseby and Reynola Pakusich.