SPINACH SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS
8 oz. fresh spinach
2 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
1/2 bag dried cranberries
1 ½ t. poppy seeds
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
¾ tsp. salt
M tsp. dry mustard
½ cups vegetable oil
Poppy-seed dressing: Mix everything together in the blender. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
3 T. Light corn syrup
1 ½ T. Sugar
½ tsp. Salt
1 ¼ cups Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Add nuts and toss well to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with foil and that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes- just make sure they don’t burn.
- Immediately scoop nuts apart and cool thoroughly.
- Store cooled nuts in a sealed zip lock until ready to serve
- Mix all the ingredients together for the spinach salad.
- Add the dressing right before serving.