Swedish Tea Ring
|1/2||sweet dough recipe (such as the dough for “Raisin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls”|
|2 T.||butter, melted|
|½ c.||brown sugar, packed|
|½ cup||raisins (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Roll dough into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread butter on dough, then sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and raisins.
- Roll dough jellyroll-style starting at wide side. Pinch edge of dough to seal well. Stretch dough to make even.
- With sealed edge down, shape into a ring and place on cookie sheet. Pinch ends together. With scissors, cut 2/3rds of the way through ring at 1 inch intervals. Turn each section on its side. Let rise until double
- Bake 25-30 minutes. If desired, frost while warm with “Powdered Sugar Glaze” and top with cherries and nuts. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Gay Campbell.