A perfect weeknight dinner!
Italian Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
1 Garlic clove, crushed
¾ Cup Water
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Dried Oregano Leaves
¾ tsp. Dried Basil Leaves
½ tsp. Marjoram Leaves
¼ tsp. Dried Rosemary Leaves
1 Bay Leaf
1 (4 oz.) Tomato Sauce
1 (6 oz.) Tomato Paste
1 (8 oz.) Spaghetti Pasta
- In a large pan bring water to a rapid boil.
- After the water boils, add the spaghetti pasta, cook to al dente stage.
- In a large frying pan, cook ground beef on medium heat (5 to 6 on dial) until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is limp. Drain fat from pan.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the pasta.
- Heat tomato mixture to boiling, and then simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more water as needed to thin out sauce to desired consistency.
- After simmering, serve, serve sauce over spaghetti pasta.
Recipe Courtesy of Andrea Ancich