Moist and full of delicious banana flavor. Great for breakfast or an after school snack.
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Butter
3 TB. Sour Milk (sour w/ 1 tsp. lemon juice)
4 Mashed Bananas
1 TSP. Baking Soda (dissolved in 1 tsp. water)
2 Cups Flour
1 TSP. Baking Powder
½ TSP. Salt
½ TSP. Vanilla
1 Cup Walnuts and/or Mini Chocolate Chips (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well.
4. Add soured milk.
5. Add dissolved baking soda.
6. Add mashed bananas and vanilla.
7. In another bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to wet mixture.
Beat until smooth, being careful not to overbeat.
8. Bake for 60 minutes, check for doneness with toothpick. Cook additional time if
9. Cool. Remove from pan after completely cooled.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Ancich