Is it a dessert, a snack or breakfast treat? You choose!
1 ¾ cups flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
3. Stir the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla together.
4. Carefully fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just
5. Mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Ancich