A Starbucks favorite you can prepare at home!
3 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
3 Large Eggs
1 16-OZ. Can Solid Pack Pumpkin
3 Cups All-purpose Flour
1 TSP Ground Cloves
1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
1 TSP Ground Nutmeg
1 TSP Baking Soda
½ TSP Salt
½ TSP Baking Powder
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts and/or Mini Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and oil to blend.
3. Mix in eggs and pumpkin.
4. In another bowl sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking
5. Add dry ingredients to sugar/oil mixture.
6. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts/chocolate chips, if desired.
7. Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
8. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
9. Using Sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Ancich.