Soft, moist, delicious! Who can resist zucchini bread?
3 C Zucchini, shredded (3 medium)
1 2/3 C Sugar
2/3 C Vegetable Oil
2 t Vanilla
3 C Flour
2 t Baking soda
1 t Salt
1 t Ground Cinnamon
1 t Ground Cloves
½ t Baking powder
½ C Walnuts and/or Mini Chocolate Chips (if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease bottoms of loaf pan, 8 ½ x4 ¼ or 9x5x3 inches. Grease a 6-muffin tin as well.
3. Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Leave the peel on and grate zucchini using a cheese grater.
4. Mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
5. Chop walnuts and add to mixture. (if desired)
6. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
7. Add Chocolate chips to mixture (if desired).
8. Pour into pans.
9. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
10. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves; remove from pans.
11. Cool completely before slicing
12. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Ancich.