Bacon Deviled Eggs
SERVINGS: MAKES 12
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (if needed)
- 3 T. mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ heaping tablespoon chopped scallions, plus more scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 1″. Bring to a boil, cover, and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool completely, about 10 minutes; peel. Halve lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Coarsely chop bacon. Cook in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels. Strain drippings through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Add melted butter if needed to measure 2 Tbsp.
- Finely mash reserved yolks, bacon fat (and/or butter), mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped scallions in a medium bowl; season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a large resealable freezer bag, then cut 1/2″ off 1 corner. Pipe into whites; garnish with thinly sliced scallions and reserved bacon.
- Recipe by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
- Image Courtesy of Food Network – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/bacon-deviled-eggs-recipe.html