(made with a food mill)
- 8 apples – cored and chopped
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (if desired)
- In a saucepan, combine apples and water. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Check every 5 minutes to make sure that your mixture is not drying out. You may add ¼ – ½ cup water if the mixture seems to be sticking. ( If it is sticking, remove it from the heat and see Mrs. Boyden or Mrs. Blankenship right away. DO NOT STIR!)
- Remove from heat.
- Set the food mill over a large mixing bowl, making sure that it is stable.
- Carefully pour the apple mixture into the food mill and turn the handle until all of the applesauce is processed. Add the sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Serve and eat. Enjoy!
To Clean the Food Mill – Carefully unscrew the bolt on the bottom of the mill. (If there is no bolt, see Mrs. Boyden for help with taking the food mill apart.) Dispose of any peels in the trash. Carefully wash, rinse and sanitize all of the pieces and put back together.
Revised from: Allrecipes.com