People love these soft sweet pumpkin cookies with a hint of milk chocolate.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 – 12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips, not semisweet
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line them with parchment paper.
3. Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
4. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and
5. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger,
nutmeg, and cloves.
7. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds.
8. Stir in the chips.
9. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets
and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges.
10. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Take the
cookies off with a spatula and cool them on wire racks.
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Ancich, Lake Stevens High School